- Check the rule books on dress code. BD updated theirs on the 30th June (today) and BS have recently made a lot of changes to their dress code.
- If you are going alone make sure you allow plenty of time to do everything.
- Packing lists will help you get prepared, stay in control and lower stress. We have downloadable ones for you here.
- Popping a splash of baby oil into a spray bottle of water, and spraying lightly onto the mane before plaiting will make your plaits look shiny and glossy.
- Putting talcum powder on to the inside of neck rugs will help prevent them from rubbing out the mane.
- If you find plaiting incredibly stressful either leave your horse unplaited or find someone else to do it for you. You can offer to to muck out someones stable in return for plaits or pay a professional groom to do it for you.
- Check all your equipment including your transport well ahead of time, so you can rectify any issues before the competition day.
If you have any other top tips please do share them with us.
Tidy Tack Rooms