We have out together a quick guide to giving your clippers a really good clean.
you will need:
- Plastic pot
- Warm Water
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Kitchen roll
- Antibacterial Wipes
- Small screw driver
- Take everything out of the clipper box and give the box a shake out. If your foam packing is removable take it out and pop it through the washing machine – you can get pet hair dissolver for the washing machine.
- If your foam insert does not come out give it a good hoover. Next cover it in a layer of Bicarbonate of soda, you can just pour the powder on dry and leave it.
- Move on to the clippers, start by removing the blades and then give the clippers a good brush off and then wipe them all over with antibacterial wipes.
- Next we are going to use the screw driver (if needed) and remove the filters. If you are inside do this over some paper, as a lot of dust, hair and dander will come out.
- Pop the filter into the pot of warm water and washing up liquid and then brush out the cavity on the clippers. Then give the filter a good scrub in the water.
- Throughly dry the filters before putting them back onto the clippers.
- Next give the blade housing a good swoosh in the soapy water to clean out all the gunk.
- Give the blade housing a wipe over with the kitchen roll and make sure it is throughly dry, give it a blast with the hair dryer if needed.
- Wipe the clipper cable over with some antibacterial ties, until it is clean.
- Now for the blades, give them a good scrub in the soapy water and throughly dry with kitchen roll or the hairdryer. Make sure you also wash out the blade box and dry it throughly.
- Spray the blades liberally with oil and put away in the blade box.
- Now return to the clipper box and either put the farm padding back in (once dry) or hoover up the bicarbonate of soda and then wipe out with an antibacterial wipe.
- Now everything is clean you can pack it all away again, make sure the blade housing has been spray with oil as well, and don’t forget to clean the oil bottle before putting it away.
Make sure you send your blades away to be sharpened and get your clippers serviced ready to use next winter.
Tidy Tack Rooms Team