http://lincs-oil-tanks.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5uWGBhCTARIsAL70sLKEcJguZpLfzYcQJJd6FNjSMiGTxNp-KOAZq1oHVQ5SQUuVRJBcVSMaAhFCEALw_wcB A guide to sorting and tidying your rugs, tack, and accessories.
buy provigil modafinil online Clutter. The world clutter is defined as “a collection of things lying around in an untidy state”. Nothing good is ever described as being cluttered.
http://goodvibeswebsitedesign.co.uk/web-design-self-employed-small-business-startups/ If your tack room is cluttered, then it’s probably messy, unorganised, and somewhere you spend as little time as possible. This blog will talk you through the best way to tackle the clutter and turn your mess into success.
buy prednisone for cats online September is a fantastic time to get organised as it enables you to assess how many rugs you have going into winter and if any of them need to be washed and reproofed or even replaced before the cold/wet weather comes in. So let’s get to it.
1. Pick the right day. Choose a day where you’ve got plenty of time to dedicate to the task in hand, and ideally, do it on a nice dry, sunny day so that you and your kit doesn’t end up soaking wet. Make sure you’ve got a willing and enthusiastic helper available to you as well.
2. Empty the tack room. If you have the space to pull everything out, this is the best way to declutter and tidy up. Give the area a good sweep (get right into those corners!), remove any rubbish that’s lying around and give your countertops and shelves a scrub. If you do this at the start, the dust will have settled, and the worktops dried when you are ready to put everything back in.
3. Sort your rugs. Create piles for different categories of rugs; summer (clean), winter (clean), to be washed/reproofed, to be thrown away and to be donated – is there a riding centre or rescue centre nearby that could benefit from your not-quite-perfect rugs? Once you have sorted through them, fold and store your rugs in our incredible Rug Storage Bags to ensure they stay clean, dry and tidy. Each bag comes labelled for easy identification; no more searching through endless piles to find that turnout rug you swear you saw a few days ago!
4. If you are a matchy-matchy addict, then it’s time to get your saddle pads in order. Are there any colours that you’re not so keen on now? If so, there are dedicated Facebook groups where you can sell your second-hand matchy sets, which not only frees up space in your tack room but also helps you save towards a new colour! Our Saddlecloth Bags hold up to a whopping ten saddle cloths; we recommend putting each saddle cloth in with its matching ear bonnet on top of it so that you never misplace a set again.
5. Get those bandages rolled! We’ve all done it; finished riding, removed our bandages and just chucked them back in the tack room with the promise, “I’ll roll them properly next time”. Our Bandage Bags hold nine sets of bandages, so get those bad boys rolled and stored away so that tacking up is as easy as possible.
6. Tackle the bits n’ bobs. Go through your grooming kits, lotions and potions and all of your spare tack. Throw away anything that is broken, wash what needs washed and put the “unlikely to use again” in a pile to be donated or sold second hand – you don’t
need six pairs of stirrups if you only have one saddle! Our Stable Bags are great for storing all those little extras and can be stacked to save space.
7. Clean your tack. Give your tack a good clean and make sure all saddles are covered to help protect them. Use a saddle rack for each horse’s saddle and hang their bridle under their saddle. Top tip: if you have a couple of bridles per horse or need space to hang a breastplate, martingale, etc., you can hang another hook to your saddle rack, using baler twine or cable ties, to allow more hanging space.
8. Give everything a rightful place. When it comes to putting everything back in your tack room, put things back in a logical order for the season; for example, if you are heading into winter, store your summer rugs at the back and winter at the front to ensure they are accessible. Our storage bags can be piled up, stood up or hung, so they are very versatile and work well for all sizes of tack room.
9. Enjoy! Tacking up and rugging up is going to be a breeze so enjoy your newfound tidy tack room. A tidy space equals a tidy mind, so you’ll get an immense sense of satisfaction from ticking this task off your to-do list. Remember to take a photo of your hard work and tag us in it on Facebook and Instagram.
All the products mentioned in this blog are available to purchase on our website today. Let’s get tidying!