Being busy horse owners we tend to spend a lot of time in our cars, they become our mobile tack room, feed room and wardrobe all rolled into one.
This can mean that lots of kit is getting lost in transit, where it was being taken to wash, clean kit getting mixed up with dirty kit, everything covered in mud, hay straw and feed. Over time there can end up with more stuff in the car than the tack room, and most of it is dirty, damp and mouldy.
See my top 5 tips on keeping your car clean and organised and clutter free
- Give it a good clean out – take 2 bags. One for washing one for rubbish. Put everything into one of these bags, then do the washing straight away. Get it washed, dried and put away.
- Set up a system – If you need to take things between the yard and home for cleaning etc get a designated system. A really easy way is to use a bag – my personal favourites are the clear plastic storage bags – put dirty stuff into the bag, this will keep it contained and the car clean. It also makes it super easy to get stuff into the washing machine. When the bag is full, take it in wash, dry and put back in the bag back to take to the yard.
- Wellies / boots – there is a really easy and simple solution to these. Get a boot bag. After you finish at the yard rise off your wellies or boots and put them into the boot bag, the boot bag can then live in your car and you always have your wellies to hand. Plus the dirt and smell is contained in the bag.
- Keep a carrier bag in the car for rubbish – often we are rushing about and end up having breakfast/lunch /dinner in the car. Have a plastic bag to hand for all the rubbish and put it in there, When the bag is full put it int the bin and replace.
- Get your car cleaned – once a month (or more if you want to). It is so easy to get this done at a hand car wash and the feeling of getting back into a clean car is really motivating to keep it clean. Plus by doing it monthly it stops all the dirt and clutter building up too much.
I hope you find these 5 tips helpful, please share with us the ways you keep your car clean, tidy and organised.